Looking to gain a deeper understanding of the transportation planning process? Need to brush up on your skill set? Want to learn more about the changes in federal regulations and how they affect your city/county/agency? We're here to help!
WAMPO is hosting a professional development webinar series that is FREE and open to the public covering topics related to planning, design, construction, maintenance, and policy. RSVPs are encouraged, but not required to the attention of Kristen Zimmerman, at email@example.com or call 316-352-4862. Summaries of each may viewed by clicking HERE.
The 2019 schedule is as follows:
- March 20: Navigating Without Curbs: Accessibility on Shared Streets
- April 17: Designing Streets for the Speeds You Want
- May 15: Maintaining Green Infrastructure: Hints for Success
- June 19: Finding Common Ground with First Responders
- July 17: Return on investment for Active Transportation
- August 21: Improving Actuation and Detection for Cyclists & Pedestrians
- September 18: Can We Talk About the Street? Building Support for Controversial Projects
- October 16: If We Build it Will They Come? Estimating Demand for Biking and Walking
- November 20: Aging in Place: Designing Communities to Support Mobility
- December 18: Education and Encouragement: Bringing the Right People Together
Please check back for new posting of other training events and conferences that may be of interest and check out our Acronym Glossary while you are here!
Download WAMPO Transportation Planning Acronyms Glossary
If you have news of a workshop, seminar, conference, or class that you think would be beneficial to your fellow transportation planning peers, please send the information in an email to Tricia Thomas at