Scenario Planning Initiative
WAMPO is increasingly aware of the many trends impacting the transportation system and its users. One thing we know for certain is that change is upon us, but what change will look like is still uncertain.
As we plan for a future transportation system that is safe, efficient and responsive to the economic needs of our region, it has become increasingly important to acknowledge the changes that are happening now and their impacts on the future.
It is also important that we understand what is important to our community. WAMPO, would like to invite you, whether you are an elected official, community partner, or a concerned resident, to help us see the possibilities and shape the future development of the transportation system serving our metropolitan area.
Scheduled Community Meetings:
|Sierra Club Southwind Group||10/13/17||7:30 PM|
Great Plains Nature Center
6232 East 29th St N, Wichita, KS 67220
|Wichita - Sedgwick County Continuity of Care Coalition||10/24/17||3:00 PM||To be determined|
Is your group or organization interested in weighing in on the subject or learning more? Email us at email@example.com
Scenario Planning Initiative Schedule
- Continue to talk to people about their perceptions of the transportation system. To do this we will distribute survey’s, talk to community groups, elected officials and other groups to encourage their feedback.
- We will then use this information to define the scenarios (options).
- Once these scenarios or options have been developed we will check back in with those who have contributed to see what you think before taking it to our board for approval.
- With the help of the WAMPO Scenario Planning Workgroup members, all of the information will be used to create a list of priority scenarios.
- The priority scenarios will be evaluated and the impacts identified.
- The results of the analysis will be shared with stakeholders.
- The priority scenarios will be used to make a final recommendation to the WAMPO Transportation Policy Body as direction for the upcoming update of the *Metropolitan Transportation Plan (due in July of 2020).
*Metropolitan Transportation Plan: WAMPOs long range transportation plan (20 years). This plan sets the direction and transportation priorities of the region. All decisions and choices about Federal transportation spending in the region are based on this document.
- Community Survey (coming soon!)
- Community Meeting Participant Flyer (coming soon!)
- Community Presentation (coming soon!)
For information related to other recurring public meetings and/or other community events click here.
WAMPO’s public participation process satisfies Wichita Transit’s public participation requirements for their Program of Projects.